- 6 tbsp water
- 5 oz buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten at room temperature
- 2 oz butter, melted
- 16 oz all-purpose flour
- 2 oz sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for coating the doughnuts
- Jam, chocolate or any other desired cream for filling
- Place the water, buttermilk, beaten egg and melted butter in the mixer bowl, then add the dry ingredients, except for the yeast.
- Make a small indentation in the dry ingredients, then add the yeast.
- Run it with the dough hook, until a soft dough is formed, then cover and set aside until at least doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, place it on a floured surface and knead lightly. Divide it in half, keeping half the dough covered, so it doesn’t form a skin. Cut the dough to small balls of 40gr each.Let the cut doughnuts rise
- Heat the oil to about 350ºF.
- Drop the doughnuts carefully into the oil.
- Turn them over as soon as they become golden brown on the underside, then remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate once they are ready.
- When the doughnuts have cooled you can fill them.
- Next, put some room temperature jam, or chocolate into a piping bag and pipe the filling into the doughnut.